Job Title: Finance Manager (6-month Contract)
Salary: Basic Salary up to £40,000 (Dependent on Experience)
Puro Accountancy is currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join a thriving specialist charity based in the heart of York on a initial temporary basis of 6 months with the view to go permanent.
This intriguing role offers a competitive salary and a range of benefits, including pension contributions, generous holiday entitlement, a healthcare package & hybrid work set up.
Experience working within a charity or trust with accounting knowledge in this sector would be a great advantage.
- Review and approve monthly payroll journals
- Create specific year-end journals
- Generate monthly journals for deferred payments and accruals
- Ensure timely banking transactions
- Facilitate the availability of regular Profit and Loss (P&L) reports
- Develop monthly and annual reporting timetables
- Act as the primary contact for auditors during the year-end audit
- Oversee a small finance team
- Coordinate credit card issuances & manage changes in expenditure limits for purchase ledger
- Supervise the payment processing of sales invoices for the sales ledger
- Compile monthly management accounts
- Prepare year-end schedules for audit purposes
- Draft finance returns
- Strong knowledge of accounting software
- Preferred experience working within a charity
- Qualified Accountant (AAT or equivalent)
- Knowledge of charity accounting, including familiarity with conducting FRS 102
To learn more about this role, click to apply or contact Elliot at Puro Accountancy on 01904 571760 or firstname.lastname@example.org