Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
Up to £40,000 DOE
Step into the future of your tax career with an extraordinary opportunity in our clients vibrant, fast-paced practice. As a Corporate Tax Assistant Manager, you have the chance to not only contribute significantly to the firm's success but also chart your course towards managerial and senior managerial roles, and even beyond.
In your role, you'll be the driving force behind delivering exceptional corporation tax advice to an eclectic range of UK companies and international businesses. The beauty of this role lies in the fact that our proficient accounting department expertly manages the intricacies of corporation tax compliance, allowing you to channel your energy into reviewing complex tax returns and addressing intricate technical queries.
- Competitive Compensation: Your salary will be handsomely remunerated, dependent on your qualifications and experience.
- Generous Leave Allowance: Revel in a remarkable 36-day annual leave entitlement, which encompasses statutory holidays. Furthermore, you have the flexibility to purchase unlimited additional holiday days.
- Financial Security: Safeguard your financial well-being with our comprehensive Disability Insurance (DIS) and Life Insurance coverage.
- Healthcare Protection: Your health is a top priority. They offer private health insurance to ensure you receive premium healthcare when needed.
- Dedication to Professional Growth: They are resolute in nurturing your professional development with ongoing training and knowledge expansion opportunities.
- Pathways to Success: Your journey with them opens the door to a multitude of career development prospects and advancement.
- Parking Ease: You'll find the convenience of free on-site parking to simplify your daily commute.
- Pet-Friendly Workspace: If you have a canine companion, the dog-friendly office warmly welcomes them as part of the work-family.
Reporting directly to the Head of Corporation Tax, your central role entails grappling with intricate technical inquiries, in-depth exploration of tax legislation, consulting HMRC and OECD guidance, and, most crucially, presenting tax advice in a clear, actionable manner for their clients, many of whom are not tax experts.
Your advisory portfolio covers a diverse spectrum of areas, including:
- Permanent establishments, encompassing construction PEs, fixed places of business, and DAPEs.
- Residence issues, involving the nuances of POEM and company migrations.
- Guiding clients through the Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP).
- Managing complex aspects such as transfer pricing, transactions, and financing arrangements.
- Thoroughly assessing group loss relief positions.
- Conducting comprehensive tax due diligence.
- Navigating the complexities of capital allowance claims.
- Collaborating on R&D claims.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities, resolving tax disputes, and skilfully managing penalty appeals.
- Ensuring meticulous handling of tax clearances.
Beyond your core duties, you'll actively engage in:
- Nurturing and mentoring junior team members, with a focus on coaching and performance enhancement.
- Cultivating and sustaining robust relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Maintaining a keen awareness of the dynamic tax legislation landscape and sharing your insights with the team.
Qualifications and Skills:
To excel in this role, you should ideally possess:
- CTA Qualification: We highly value candidates who are CTA qualified, demonstrating a strong foundation in taxation expertise.
- Relevant Corporation Tax Experience: We expect you to have acquired practical experience in the realm of corporation tax, equipping you with the necessary insights to thrive in this role.
Additionally, your abilities and skills should include:
- Strong Technical Knowledge: A profound understanding of corporation tax legislation forms the bedrock of your skill set.
- Independence and Team Collaboration: You should be adept at working independently while also seamlessly integrating into a multi-disciplinary team.
- Problem-Solving Proficiency: Your ability to dissect technical guidance and legislation to identify solutions is a pivotal attribute.
- A Hunger for Knowledge: A willingness to learn and expand your knowledge base is integral to your success in this dynamic role.
- Effective Task Management: You should be comfortable juggling multiple tasks and adept at meeting deadlines with precision.
- Issue Identification and Resolution: Your talent for identifying issues and devising practical solutions is a valuable asset to our team.
- Financial Targets: Meeting fee and recoverability targets, along with skillful management of Work in Progress (WIP), showcases your financial acumen.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly regarded accountancy practice in Nottingham and to work with a dynamic and supportive team. If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this role, please submit your or contact Dom on 01904 571760 for more information.